Health Ministries in Caring Congregations is a ministry outreach program in which Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital forms a partnership with churches in our service area to address the health care needs of the congregations.
What is Health Ministry?
It is people of faith working together for healthier communities. The program is based on the belief that health is a process that includes spiritual, emotional, physical and social dimensions of a person. Health Ministries emphasizes the interrelationship of the body, mind and spirit - health is related to everything a person does, thinks or feels.
This Ministry will enable your church to:
- Better meet the health needs of the congregation.
- Promote good stewardship of the body and the gift of life.
- Understand the relationship between faith and health.
- Increase the ability of members to care for one another.
- Develop ways to reach out and address the health-related need of the community.
- Encourage the use of faith resources for health and healing.
For more information, please contact
Director of Hospitality and Health Ministries
Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital