Lake Cumberland Cancer Program
Our community deserves great cancer care.
With that in mind, Lake Cumberland Cancer Committee works to improve the cancer care of patients in our community. Made up of medical experts from various departments and specialties, the cancer committee meets every other month to plan cancer prevention and screening programs, to compare our care to national standards, and to address community resources needed by patients in treatment. In addition, Lake Cumberland Tumor Conference meets weekly and allows physicians to gather around the table and work together to plan the care of our patients.
The result is an ever-growing program that wraps around our patients to provide care and support.
Lake Cumberland Cancer Treatment Center
The Cancer Treatment Center of Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital is the only Radiation Oncology Center in our region. The Center provides radiation treatment to patients with both cancerous and non-cancerous tumors. The team’s personal approach to care means patients develop deep relationships with our staff, as we encourage and support them through treatment. A social worker assists with cancer policies, insurance questions, emotional support and community resources, and nutritionists visit patients in our facility to provide information on healthy eating, maintaining weight, and nutrition supplements. Following treatment, patients receive a Survivorship Care Plan which outlines the cancer care they have received from all their doctors, as well as a plan for follow up care and future screenings.
UK Markey Cancer Affiliation
The Power of Collaboration.
As part of our continuing focus on our mission of making communities healthier™, we have joined the UK Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network to provide our patients with enhanced access to high-quality cancer care.
Benefits to Our Medical Community
- Cancer-specific education and training for doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other medical staff.
- Assistance in achieving and maintaining Commission on Cancer accreditation.
- Access to specializing programs such as genetic counseling.
- Coordination of cancer care with primary care and referring doctors – before, during and after treatment.
Benefits to Patients & Families
- Access to the latest, most up-to-date treatments – minimizing travel time.
- Local resources to help families/caregivers support their loved one.
- Local cancer prevention events and activities (health fairs, cancer screening programs, survivorship events)
Public Reporting of Outcomes
Quality in Cancer Care
As a Commission on Cancer accredited facility, our programs are held to a high standard of care and service. Our program outcomes are compared to national quality data and care standards to make sure our community receives the very best in cancer care.
Lake Cumberland Cancer Committee wants to improve the care of cancer patients in our community. Assessing and reporting our outcome measures creates community accountability and maintains our focus on creating places where people choose to come for healthcare.
- Behavioral & Mental Health Care
- Emergency Services
- Mammography at The Imaging Center
- Cancer Program
- Cardiac Services
- Imaging Center
- MedPark West Surgery
- Skilled Nursing Services
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Specialty Services
- Walk-In Clinic
- Women's and Children's Health Services
- Wound Care